Friday, January 25, 2008

bored

I've been in Mauritius more than a week now, and have accomplished absolutely nothing. This fact is really starting to grate on me, and my boredom is now being served up with a healthy dose of anxiety.
The day after my last post, I went down to Black River Gorges National Park, and had a hike and looked for some Coffee trees. I may have found one, but didn't have much time because I had hired a taxi to take me to the park. It was quite expensive, but there is no other way to get to the park, unless I have a car or motorcycle.
I have three more days before I can get any work done. A stipulation of the permit that Yasmina has for collecting Coffee trees is that an office of the National Parks Service be with us when we collect. All of the officers are in a workshop until Tuesday.
Although Mauritius is a pretty cool place, I'm feeling lonely, and really missing home. I've been trying to keep myself busy with computer work, but one can only do so much of that in a day, and I don't want to sit in my hotel room all day long. Very few cafes have available power outlets, so that limits the time I can spend there.
Ok, hope everyone is well. Sorry for my bummer of a post. Things are bound to improve soon.

No comments: